2014 has been a busy and exciting year for us, in ministry and personally. Here are our top 14 moments of 2014, in somewhat chronological order:
- Michael taught 1 John, Deuteronomy, Micah, & Daniel in YWAM Turner Valley’s SBS.
- Helen taught Exodus, Hosea, and Ezekiel in YWAM Turner Valley’s SBS.
- Helen wrote correspondence Bible study material for the books of Titus and 1 & 2 Thessalonians; these booklets can be used for self-study or small group study, by anyone, anywhere. This Bible study program will be launched in 2015, and is a collaborative work by writers, translators, and editors around the world.
- We helped raise $1600 for women in need of obstetric fistula repair surgery, enough for four women to receive this life-changing surgery.
- In June, we celebrated the marriage of Helen’s sister, Jill, and our now brother-in-law, Matt. Helen had the privilege of being a bridesmaid in the wedding.
- In July, we had the opportunity to camp with the Mountain Venture DTS, preparing meals for them while they had lectures in the woods!
- In August, we spent a week in Montana with SBS staff from around North America, at the SBS Hub Boost. This was a great time of being encouraged and challenged as Bible teachers.
- In September, we spent two weeks in Ontario with Michael’s family, reconnecting with Alliston Christian Fellowship, friends, and supporters. It was such a blessing to spend time with Michael’s mom, dad, and sister.
- Throughout the year we got to watch God provide for us to participate in the Titus Project in Mexico! With the Canadian dollar struggling, and the uncertainty about costs of the program, every gift towards Titus Project was a miracle, and we are so blessed to have been able to save towards our next outreach because we received more than we needed!
- We loved the three weeks of Titus training in Mexico! Learning about the heart of a teacher, how to reach oral communicators, and how to illustrate and prepare lectures was so helpful. We will refer back to these lectures for years to come.
- Helen’s favourite Mexico teaching moments: teaching at the Ranch (a centre for men recovering from drug addictions), co-teaching Luke in Ensenada, teaching Job to YWAM San Diego Baja’s Chronological School of Biblical Studies.
- Michael’s favourite Mexico teaching moments: teaching in EN VIA (a discipleship program for community members), co-teaching Luke in Ensenada, preaching at the church in the Colonias, and preaching at La Roca (an inner-city church in Tijuana’s red light district).
- Spending three days in San Diego after our three months in Mexico. It was such a refreshing, relaxing time of being together and exploring a new city.
- Coming home for Christmas! We feel so blessed to be home at YWAM Turner Valley.
Thank you for being a part of our year! What have been your favourite moments of 2014?