Canadian Thanksgiving was about a month and half ago, but as many of you know, today is American Thanksgiving. It’s a little different to celebrate Thanksgiving when Christmas is just 4-1/2 short weeks away, but just the same, we are thankful for all that God is doing in our lives. Here are some of the things we are most thankful for:
- We get to dig into the Bible every day for hours and hours; we’ve been blessed with a really unique opportunity to get to know God’s Word. We’re so thankful that we are finally doing what we feel we are meant to do!
- YWAM Montana is an amazing community of staff (volunteers) and students from all over the world, of all ages, and all backgrounds, united in Jesus. We’re thankful to get to glorify God with a wonderful group of His people!
- We couldn’t be here without an awesome community of friends and family who support us through prayer and giving. We are so thankful for all those who partner with us, and for God’s provision.
- Montana is seriously gorgeous; we get to experience one of God’s most amazing creations – the Rocky Mountains – every time we walk outside our door. We’re thankful for a tangible reminder of God’s power, creativity and beauty.
- Christmas is only a few weeks away, and we’re so thankful that we have been lent a car to drive up to Edmonton! We’re thankful for the opportunity to visit family and friends in Alberta (though we will certainly miss our family and friends in Ontario this holiday season).
What are you thankful for? Even if you’re not American and you’re not celebrating today with turkey and pumpkin pie, thank God for what He is doing in your life! Every day is a good day to be thankful!
“Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever” (1 Chronicles 16:34).